The best choice for bed ‘linen’ fabric is not always linen. You have a wide range to choose from, depending on your style and utility. Here is your list of options.
- Cotton: Cotton is the most popular choice when it comes to bed linen. There are a number of reasons for its popularity. One is its durability. Another is the fact that it is one of the most economical fabrics available in the market. Also, it is a very comfortable fabric to sleep in for most weather conditions. There are a few different types in the cotton category.
- Egyptian Cotton: This is the best and most expensive of the lot. With long cotton fibres, no fibres will poke out of the fabric. In spite of it being a very fine fabric, it is still extremely strong and durable.
- Supima Cotton: Next comes the Supima cotton which is the trademarked name for a 100% pima cotton fabric.
- Upland Cotton: Here the fibres are not that long resulting in a lightly pokey surface. But this is also an economically better option.
- Polyester: Polyester which falls under the category of synthetic fabrics, is known for its durability and anti-microbial properties. These are also extremely inexpensive. But they can be a tad uncomfortable as most synthetic fibres tend to be slippery and lack absorbency making them an unpleasant option in hot and humid climates.
Silk: This smooth fabric is an excellent option in warm climates. Here the only issue will be its expense and the fact that it can be slightly slippery