Paint has the ability to transform the whole look of your house. Use it wisely and half your work is done. But be careless and no amount of decoration will rectify the blunder. So here are the rules of thumb in choosing the perfect paint.
- The first and foremost thing you need to do is discover your own sense of style. Although this may sound easy, it is actually a very hard thing to do. You need to know exactly what you like and what you don’t like. For that note what things attract you. Take note of houses, architectures and furniture combos that you like. Colors too. This is help you realize what you’ll want your dream home to look like.
- Developing your color sense. Your color sense may not generally appeal to others, must you must please yourself before anyone else (that is if you are going to live there). This will help you combine your taste with color combinations that will suit a certain room.
- Use pale colors or whites if you want to make a small room look larger. White creates the illusion of spaciousness. If the room looks too bland, you can always add accents of a color. Perhaps a bit of blue or green in your decor. This will help break the monotony of monochrome.
- A room where people gather together or places that look too dull for your taste can always be enlivened with a bit of color. Use bright colors or color block for a refreshing feel.
- If you want a overly spacious room to feel cosy, use a dark hue. Using darker tones will also help increase the intimacy of the room.
These are just some of the things to be noted and kept in mind at the time when you choose colors!