Although painting one’s own house is a tad uncommon in India, the trend is fast catching up. Not only is this more economical, it can also be a lot of fun. With the whole family helping and a little music to keep things upbeat, this could be just as fun as a trip to the amusement park. So here’s a list of the stuff you need to get going.
- Drop Cloth: A drop cloth basically protects your furniture and floor from paint drips. The drop cloth can be disposable or not, depending on your needs. If you are looking for a green option, were you want to use yours multiple times then a canvas drop cloth would be best. Although a little expensive, this is not only the most durable of the lot, but also the one with the best absorbency. If you do not want to invest so much on a drop cloth, then the plastic drop cloth could be the one for you. Although lacking the absorbency of the traditional canvas, this too could be used several times if you are careful enough. But if you care nothing for preserving them then go for the paper version. Just be careful with spills as this disposable drop cloth would not be able to stop spills from leaking through.
- Tape: Taping around the rims and edges of windows and doors will ensure a cleaner, smoother finish to the paint job.
- Sandpaper and wire wool: Whatever be the surface, you don’t want surface blemishes or imperfections to stand out, do you? So rub it down with sandpaper and dust it before painting. While at it, you might also want to get your hands on a scraper and some soap-water solution (to clean dirt and grease).
- Painting Supplies – Paint Brush/ Rollers/Pads/Spray Guns: If you have a large surface to paint, spray guns might be the better option while paint brushes (in the appropriate size) are the best option to get those lines straight. Rollers are designed for large areas and will help you finish the job faster than with a brush.
- Paint: And last but not the least, paint! Before you start painting, do remember to apply primer (unless of course your paint has primer mixed with it).
And voila! You are all set to go!
What to know more? Stay hooked for more updates.